- The Twelve Stars (Rev 12:1) symbolize Marymatha, our patroness.
- Pastores Dabo vobis (I will give pastors after my own heart) is a quote from Jeremiah 3:15, which is the motto of the Seminary.
- The bread broken symbolizes the Eucharist. Priesthood is a life broken for others after the model of Eucharist (Mt 26: 26; Jn 12:20-26)
- The book symbolizes the Sacred Scripture, the source of revelation and the instrument of redemption. Priest is a missionary of the Good News.
- The nailed hand with folded fingers symbolizes Jesus the "Guru" who died and rose from the dead and who was acclaimed as the Lord and God by St. Thomas, the Apostle of India (Jn 20: 28).
- The lamp in the hand symbolizes priesthood as a ministry of lighting the lamp in darkness (Mt 5:14).
- The three rays from the centre symbolize Priesthood, the gift from God the Trinity for the people. They also signify the triple ministries of a priest - ministry of sanctification, ministry of the Word and ministry of the Shepherding.
Copyright © 2013 Marymatha Major Seminary. All rights reserved.